So what you might not know about me:
1. I’m married to a retired police officer who served the same community for thirty years. I get all my fighting and firearm research from him. I ask him hundreds of questions, make him read excerpts for authenticity. Now I’m just guessing, but I’ll bet he was pretty happy when I started an historical series. Though I’ll bet he misses taking me to the shooting range to explain how a certain rifle works. I sure do.
2. I love to cook. In fact, my husband and I love it so much that for the first half of our honeymoon we went to a cooking school in Italy.
3. Stories usually come to me in short flashes or pictures. Ascension was just a woman in a Regency style gown sneaking into a garden late at night. The gown was covered in mud and her hair was a mess. That’s all I had, but it wouldn’t let me go. I wrote down the scene exactly as it came to me. Then a hundred questions rushed in. Whose garden is it? Why was she out alone at night? Was she alone in the garden? Who is she?
I started answering those questions and there was a fabulous story hidden inside one simple scene.
4. Ascension started out as a stand-alone novel. I had no idea it would be the start of series until I was a third of the way into it and hit a writing wall. Out walking one day, I realized my problem was trying to squeeze way too much demon story into one book. A few days later I had an outline for at least nine books possibly more.
5. When I was little I had an imaginary friend named Richie. He went everywhere with me. I grew up in the suburbs, but Richie lived in the country. As I got a bit older, I guess I stopped playing with Richie. I think I was about seven when my father asked me, “What ever happened to Richie.” I replied, “He fell out of the hayloft, into a pile of sawdust and lost his splat.”
And that, my friends, is how a writer is born. ;)
The Demon Hunters, #1
When demons threaten London, Lady Belinda answers the call.
Lord Gabriel Thurston returns home from war to find his fiancée is not the sweet young girl he left behind. She’s grown into a mysterious woman who guards her dark secrets well. When he sees her sneaking away from a ball, he’s convinced it’s for a lover’s rendezvous. Following her to London’s slums, Gabriel watches in horror as his fiancée ruthlessly slays a man.
Lady Belinda Carlisle’s only concern was her dress for the next ball—until demons nearly killed her and changed everything. A lady by day, and a demon hunter by night, she knows where her duty lies. Ending her betrothal is the best way to protect Gabriel from death by a demon’s hand.
Gabriel soon realizes, like him, Belinda has been fighting for her country. He joins in the fight, determined to show her that their love can endure, stronger than ever.
Can be purchased from:
Amazon | Barnes and Noble | Kobo | iBooks | Kensington Publishing Corp.
A.S. Fenichel gave up a successful career in New York City to follow her husband to Texas and pursue her lifelong dream of being a professional writer. She’s never looked back.
A.S. adores writing stories filled with love, passion, desire, magic and maybe a little mayhem tossed in for good measure. Books have always been her perfect escape and she still relishes diving into one and staying up all night to finish a good story.
Multi-published in erotic paranormal, contemporary and historical romance, A.S. is the author of the Mayan Destiny series, Christmas Bliss and many more. With several books currently contracted to multiple publishers, A.S. will be bringing you her brand of romance for many years to come.
Originally from New York, she grew up in New Jersey, and now lives in the East Texas with her real life hero, her wonderful husband. When not reading or writing she enjoys cooking, travel, history, and puttering in her garden.
Here’s where you can find A.S.: